If you follow my instagram you would have seen last weekend I had my first attempt at creating a raw treat! I was a little nervous as I'm not too great when it comes to following recipes so it's always the anticipation game of what it going to taste & turn out like.. Let's just say my partner Jays enjoyed them.. okay more like he devoured them all in one night..but he didn't need to feel guilty as they were made from all raw, healthy and mostly organic ingredients & the huge plus for him being coeliac/dairy intolerant is they are gluten and dairy free.
I made my third batch this morning as they've been such a hit and so I thought I might share the delicousness with you all and post my recipe here for you so you can try them out for yourself because sharing is caring.. so fingers crossed they are a hit with your taste buds! Most of the ingredients I sourced came from Flannery's but you can also source them form your local health food store or Woolworth's whatever works best for you. I really hope you enjoy making them & of course eating them as much as I do they are perfect for an afternoon treat or after dinner dessert! x
- 1 x Cup of unsalted cashews
- 1 x Cup of raw almonds
- 2 x Tbsp of cacao powder
- 8 x pitted dates
- 1 x Tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 x Tbsp rice syrup
- 1 x Tsp of Cinnamon
- Desiccated Coconut, Shaved Almonds & Pepita's for rolling.
- Process the cashews, almonds, cacao & cinnamon in a blender or food processor until they go crumbly. Then add in the dates and blend again. Add in the rice syrup and coconut oil and blend really well so no large chunks remain.
- To test if the mixture is ready pinch together between your fingers and if it sticks together well this is the right consistency.
- Prepare 3 x bowls with desiccated coconut, shaved almonds & pepitas and now is the fun part! Grab out the mixture with clean hands and knead it to whatever size ball you want them between your hands. Then roll in desired topping from above. (I like to do even amount of each outer ingredient).
- Refrigerate balls and leave for at least 1 hour before enjoying!
IMAGES COPYRIGHT TO WWW.JESKAALEE.COM