Tonight I am introducing to you a woman who is passionate about organic skincare, natural makeup & healthy living. The one and only Irene Falcone you may have heard of her before but if you haven't let me introduce you..
Irene is a mum of 4, and a reformed mainstream beauty addict. After years of battling fatigue she decided to throw away all her mainstream beauty products to “go organic”. Within just a few months she started to really see and feel the results. So as a result of this Irene started her business to help other mums make the switch to natural and organic products. Following on from her results Irene created her website Nourished Life which is the one stop place for all your organic & natural skin care & beauty products.
I had a chat with Irene about her skincare routine, some of her go to products & what is in store for the future!
Grab yourself some hot tea, sit back and enjoy! x
TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF, WHO ARE YOU & WHAT DO YOU DO?
I'm a makeup lover, entrepreneur, coffee addict and foremost a mum. I am also the owner and founder of Nourished Life - the ultimate shopping destination for organic, vegan, gluten free beauty and lifestyle products for anyone wanting to reduce the chemical overload on their bodies.
WHAT WAS YOUR INSPIRATION BEHIND CREATING WWW.NOURISHEDLIFE.COM.AU?
Nourished Life started as a simple blog in 2009 that sought out the best natural alternatives to mainstream beauty and lifestyle products. I launched it because I myself had struggled so much to find great products when I first went toxin-free.
All my readers kept asking me where they could buy these products, and there wasn't anywhere that had them all in the one place- that's when I decided to turn the blog into a shop that made it easy to find all these amazing products that I had personally researched, tried and tested.
WHAT DOES YOUR DAILY SKIN CARE ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
I love trialing all the new natural and organic products on the market, so it actually changes quite often, however at the moment it look something like this:
- I start the day with a warm shower where I wash and cleanse my face with Aussie made 'Black Chicken Remedies' Cleansing Oil (it is seriously the best cleanser i've ever used).
- Once I’m out of the shower I use the Dr. Alkaitais Organic Herbal Toner, and then follow with their Nourishing Treatment Oil if my skin is extra dry. If not, my usual day to day moisturiser is the 100% Pure Jasmine Green Tea moisturiser.
- If I have meetings, I’ll apply mineral makeup, but if I’m working from home I’ll go makeup free.
- At the end of the day I cleanse again and apply a really hydrating night cream like the 100% Pure Super Fruits intense anti-ageing night balm.
YOU BELIEVE LOOKING AFTER YOURSELF IN AN ORGANIC WAY EXTERNALLY IS ESSENTIAL. DO YOU ALSO BELIEVE IN EATING ORGANICALLY TO NOURISH YOUR BODY INTERNALLY?
Yes definitely - at home we try to buy organic, locally grown food as much as possible (with a big family like mine this isn't always easy!) but by eating organic, whole foods you get the fuel you need to get the most out of each day and you just glow from the inside out, plus it's better for your health! About Life is my favourite place to buy organic produce - everything is so fresh and delicious there. and they have the best organic coffee, bonus!
ANY FAVOURITE PRODUCTS YOU CAN RECOMMEND TO WOMEN TO KEEP THEIR SKIN HYDRATED IN THE COOLER MONTHS?
Yes! This is one of our most asked questions from customers. Our favourite products to keep skin hydrated are:
- The Dr Alkaitis Organic Nourishing Treatment Oil (AKA a miracle in a bottle) which is the most incredible blend of organic cold pressed oils. It treats skin conditions (like dryness) by stimulating the skin's natural ability to repair itself. You can use it all over your face and body.
- Egyptian Magic is made from just 6 natural ingredients, and is actually considered one of the most famous beauty creams in the world! This all-purpose balm is amazing as an intense treatment for dry and dehydrated skin (it is also amazing for cracked heals and elbows, acne, scars, burns, wrinkles, sun damage and eczema).
- For your body, you can't go past good ol' organic cold pressed coconut oil! It's super nourishing and moisturising, plus it's cost effective!
I also want to mention to make sure you have a really good day to day facial moisturiser suited to your skin type. This will stop things like makeup and environmental pressures like wind and cold weather from drying out your skin.
WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO IN YOUR DOWN TIME?
What down time?! Haha. I love doing yoga and spending time with my family, going out for dinner, cooking together, going to the park, just doing the simple things. I also love reading and researching new natural products and beauty trends!
WHO IS ONE OF YOUR BIGGEST INSPIRATIONS IN LIFE?
Lorna Jane, because of her passion for healthy lifestyle and her incredible business achievements. She's an inspiration to all women.
WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THE FUTURE?
Yes! We have a very exciting new in-house range of skincare products soon to be hitting shelves that are completely raw, vegan, organic AND Australian made! Our aim with this range is to change everyone’s beauty routine and the way they think about skincare.
A big thanks to Irene for having a chat and sharing with us a little bit about her lifestyle & passing on some of her knowledge! If you would like to find out more information, purchase some natural skincare & beauty products or just get in contact with Irene head her website or be sure to read her blog!